About Our Molecular Microbiology Testing Services
Virant Diagnostics utilizes the high sensitivity and accuracy of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technology. Our same day results reporting (guaranteed within 24 hours) will establish a more definitive diagnosis. With Virant Diagnostics, clinicians can initiate appropriate targeted therapy, providing better patient care and achieving better patient outcomes.
Visit our COVID-19 Testing Solutions Page for more information.
Our COVID-19 Testing options:
- COVID-19 RT-PCR; Rapid RT-PCR; RT-PCR with RNase kit
- Rapid Antigen Testing
- SARS-CoV-2 Genetic Sequencing
- Antibody Testing: N protein, S protein (IgG/IgM); Neutralizing Antibody
Our molecular microbiology diagnostics eliminates the limitations of conventional methods by providing faster, more accurate, and more comprehensive results.
Traditional laboratory methods are labor-intensive, slow (result reporting in 3-5 days), and may even fail to reveal the etiology of a patient’s illness. Management can be challenging for providers with guesswork leading to either:
- Over-treatment: broad-spectrum antibiotics with unwanted side effects that drives antibiotic-resistance
- Under-treatment: a patient with a mild, “common” cold is sent home with supportive treatment, who inadvertently sends a family member to the ICU
- A myriad of microorganisms can cause non-specific, overlapping symptoms
- Some microorganisms cause mild symptoms in certain populations, but are potentially fatal in others.
- Other microbes are susceptible only to certain medications.
Targeted management can be challenging:
- Is quarantine indicated? For how long and from whom?
- Should medication be initiated?
- Supportive management, Antivirals, or Antibiotics?
- Antibiotic resistance profile?