COVID-19 Testing Solutions
Virant Diagnostics is a leader in providing customized COVID-19 testing. We have worked alongside healthcare providers, schools, organizations, and all levels of the US government using RT-PCR diagnostic assays, and continue to work with clinics and urgent care centers.
About Our COVID-19 Testing Services
With our customized COVID-19 testing solutions, Virant Diagnostics became a leader in testing with/for healthcare providers, schools, organizations, and government in the DC Metropolitan Area. Our expert physicians, scientists, and staff deliver unparalleled 24/7 customer support and same-day test processing and results reporting (guaranteed within 24 hours). Our other COVID-19 testing options include rapid antigen testing, rapid (30-minute) RT-PCR testing, genetic sequencing for SARS-CoV-2 variant identification, and antibody testing to determine exposure and immune status.
Create an order, collect specimens, and access results now.
- For Healthcare Providers: create an order from our Client Portal or via Requisition form
- We’ll provide collection kits and transportation services
- Access secure, encrypted results from our Client Portal
- For individuals awaiting results, your report will be sent via secure email (2FA)
Molecular & Viral
Our high complexity CLIA Lab utilizes the Applied BioSystems (Thermo Fisher Scientific) instrumentation (thermocyclers) and the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit
- Virant Diagnostics can process 5,000 tests per day, with surge capacity up to 10,000 tests per day
- RT-PCR results are provided in less than 24 hours from receipt of specimen
Same day RT-PCR Testing and Results
We are able to cater our laboratory services to medical offices, urgent care centers and businesses, with courier services available for same day turnaround testing.
We specialize in:
- K-12 School testing, with customized programs
- Nursing home & long-term care facility testing
Targeted specificity to 100% of currently available complete genomes for SARS-CoV-2
- Multiplexed assay that detects three different SARS-CoV-2 genomic regions (ORF1ab; N gene; S gene) and bacteriophage MS2 (as internal process control)
- Sensitivity and Specificity >99%
- COVID-19 Interpretive Software automatically converts data into diagnosis, reducing risk of user interpretation error