Genetic Testing Solutions
The Virant Diagnostics Genetic Laboratory uses cutting-edge science and technology to provide accurate genomic testing.
About Our Genetic Laboratory
The Virant Diagnostics Genetic Laboratory is made up a team of experienced geneticists and molecular biologists. Our specialized knowledge and advanced laboratory equipment allows us to provide the highest quality molecular diagnostic services. We use a proprietary bioinformatics pipeline with the most up-to-date and relevant data to analyze your samples. Virant Diagnostics is ready to work with your team to improve patient care.
Create an order and view results now.
Our Genetic Test Menu
Individual Gene Testing
- Sequencing of known mutations in 6 OMIM related angioedema genes (see list below)
- We also offer duplication/deletion testing for F12 gene, exons 1-12, except exon 3
|nlC1INH gene||Screen for known HAE variant(s)|
|F12 gene||610618||9||c.983C>A c.983C>G||p.Thr328Lys p.Thr328Arg|
|KNG1 gene||619363||10||c.1136T>A c.1720C>G||p.Met379Lys p.Pro574Ala|
|PLG gene||619360||9, 18||c.988A>G c.2183T>A||p.Lys330Glu p.Val728Glu|
|MYOF gene||619366||7, 25||c.651G>T c.2576delG||p.Arg217Ser p.Gly859Glufs*8|
- Targeted testing for a SERPING1 coding variant, or variants listed in the nlC1INH table above previously identified in a family member
- Clinical confirmation of variants found in a research laboratory
Small Panel Testing
Large Panel Testing
- This gene panel sequences and analyzes 77 genes involved with complement, coagulation, and tissue kallikrein pathways
- Click here for details and descriptions for each gene on the panel
Whole Exome Sequencing
- Whole exome sequencing sequences in all protein-coding regions of the genome. Analysis reviews all identified variants along with relevant medical history to reveal diseases that a patient may have, develop, and/or pass down
- Must provide clinical information when submitting a sample
- Maternal and paternal samples in addition to proband samples are helpful
Click here for references.